‘The Bachelorette’ Is Set to Resume Production in a Quarantined Location

June 30, 2020
Categories: 

Clare Crawley will finally be able to give away her roses, but with safety protocols in place.

After shutting down in mid-March due to the coronavirus pandemic, season 16 of “The Bachelorette” is set to resume production shortly, according to Variety.

To ensure the health of cast and crew, the ABC series will film from an undisclosed isolated location for the duration of the season, the outlet said. Fans should not expect Crawley and her paramours to make any home visits or trips to exotic destinations.

Cast and crew are expected to travel to the location soon in order to quarantine prior to the beginning of production.

Enhanced safety measures are being put in place including temperature checks and regular testing for the novel virus, a source close to the production told the industry publication. In addition, no guests or members of the press will be allowed into the location.

In March, Crawley, who is a veteran of Bachelor Nation, was picked to lead the new season of “The Bachelorette.”  Less than two weeks later, the entire production was shut down days before filming was set to begin.

Upon the postponement, Crawley released a statement saying she remained optimistic her season would eventually come to fruition.

“Everyone’s health is the most important priority at this time, and as I’m sure you’ve heard, we are pressing pause for now on filming The Bachelorette," she wrote on Instagram. "We are taking it day by day and even hour by hour as this is so unpredictable. All I know for sure is that my heart is so full from all the love and support this far, and am still so excited for my journey to begin!”

Crawley, who is the oldest “Bachelorette” in the show’s 17-year history, added: “I’ve waited 38 years for these moments, what’s a little bit longer, right.”

While the names of the male suitors vying for Crawley’s hand in marriage were initially revealed, the delay has caused a few casting changes, reported E!

Matt James will no longer appear on “The Bachelorette” as he’s since been cast as the next “Bachelor,” becoming the first Black male lead in the franchise’s history.

The New York native will appear in the show’s upcoming 25th season.

While a premiere date for “The Bachelorette” has not been announced, ABC previously revealed the show will air on Tuesdays at 8pm when it returns.

LISTEN NOW on the RADIO.COM App
Follow RADIO.COM
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram